Re: colors and backgrounds for web pages

  • From: "tribble" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 19:13:59 -0400

Agreed -- the color choice and subjective/artistic visual aspects of your
site really should involve someone who can see to give you feedback, not
necessarily implement the code.   The implementation is left to you, but
asking a sighted person for feedback is just getting an opinion of what is
appealing, which anyone would do. In the reverse, suppose a sighted
webmaster asked a blind person to visit his/her site to give comments on
accessibility, or maybe a musician or animator asking for feedback from an
artistic audience.  No one would say they were any less independent.
Just a thought.
Happy hacking.
--le