Re: coding asp.net pages using visual studio

  • From: "Ricks Place" <OFBGMail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:58:00 -0400

You can do allot of the work from the html editor. For example:
You can go into the html editor, bring up the Controls ToolBox, arrow to a
control and hit enter. The control is dropped into the Source Html and also
onto the Designer. Then you can either Highlight the <asp:whatever in the html
editor and bring up the Properties window for the control and set them or
switch to designer and use mouse or whatever to select the control, right mouse
click it and select properties. If you go in from the designer the Events
button on the toolbar will allow you to select an event like the Click event
for a button and you can then type in your vb or C# code for that event.
I use a Css Stylesheet under a Theme folder and inline styles to format the
pages. As for other features like DataBases etc... I have found work-arounds
for most things. These methods are usually slower than using the various visual
designers but they work and you can use many of the Visual Designers with a
little experimentation and practice.
For example:
You can use the Smart Tag or the Tasks Menu by right clicking a control on the
Designer and selecting that option from the DropDown Context Menu. Jaws with
it's scripts will allow you to use Intellisense, a real major time saver, while
I have not used it with Windoweyes since it does not read properly yet.
You might also be able to move things around on the Forms Designer by dragging
them where you want them, another feature I've not tried in VWD yet.
Anyway, things are doable and you can get up to speed with practice.
Rick Farmington Mich. USA