code review

  • From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 10:10:40 -0600

Hello all:
As some of you may or may not be aware, I have been working on a mud engine for the last year or so. It's getting kind of big for me, since this is my first huge project; I just broke 10.5k lines of code a bit ago.

This leads me to a question I've been kind of tossing around for a while. Are there any individuals, groups or companies that do code review eather free or fairly cheap? I would like to get someone to pick through the code and tell me what they think; good points, and points where I could improve the code. I'm also looking at this from a performance angle, to see if there is someone that can look at that as well. My biggest fear is that I'm going to start building a game off of this in 6-8 months and realize that the performance sucks and needs to be fixed somehow.

Ty