Re: cint

  • From: "Marlon Brandão de Sousa" <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 09:09:42 -0300

Hello Ken,
I want to congratulate you as always. When you point out a resource
one can be sure it is usefull for something. I was looking at a C
scripting enviroment for some time, I wished the inno setup scripting
language were C ...
But let me ask you: what advantages you see in using this kind of
technology to test small softwares like you said you did?
If one writes a C software they just need to spend one command line to
compile and test it. If they will use this technology they will have
to write, again, one command line to make it to be interpreted. So why
is this one usefull in this case?
Marlon
2007/9/23, Ken Perry <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I found this cool free c, c++ scripting environment and thought it might be
> of interest to anyone trying to add a scripting language that is not C# or
> VB, to their application.  This also has a very good license agreement so
> that means you can use it in commercial and non-commercial applications.
> There is also a program called root on this page but the cint is all you
> need to be able to use it at the MsDos command line.  I even ran a lot of
> the little demo programs I have wrote to answer peoples questions on this
> list and have only had trouble with one and that is because it uses Win32.
> I know it will work but I need to set something up before it will.  So
> anyway if your interested here is the link.
>
> http://root.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/ROOT/CINT
>
> Ken

free."
Linus Torvalds