Re: c++ fruit basket

  • From: "inthaneelf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 22:48:57 -0800

ken, where? if you wouldn't mind, I'll include them on the grab bag!

inthane
. For Blind Programming assistance, Information, Useful Programs, and Links to Jamal Mazrui's Text tutorial packages and Applications, visit me at:
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
. to be able to view a simple programming project in several programming languages, visit the Fruit basket demo site at:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 23:14:50 +0200
From: Octavian Rasnita <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes you are right.
I agree that Wx is for the moment the only somehow accessible GUI
which is portable on more operating systems. I also like the fact that
it is some more advanced than other GUIS. For the moment I am not so
interested in its portability, but I might be.

But I don't agree with that "list of successful programs".
It is a very small list of programs, and they are not what I
understand by "successful".

I understand by successful one of the following:
Internet Explorer, Outlook Express, MS Word, MS Excel, Mozilla
Firefox, Microsoft Age of Empires, Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun,
Eidos Commandos, Nero Burning ROM, programs for using a TV Tunner,
Windows Explorer, and many other programs which are used by hundread of
million people.

I didn't verify, but I doubt that some of them are made using Wx Widgets.

Even with the latest years .net hype, I think that most of their
interfaces are made using MFC (of course, with the exceptions of those
like Firefox that were started just to compete Microsoft).

But don't understand me wrong. I didn't say that I am not interested
in WxWidgets samples under C++.

Octavian