Re: best browser?

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 17:12:52 -0400

Sadly, for accessibility there is no single "best browser" out there. My guess
would be IE but that also depends upon which screen access tool you will be
using with it.

For instance, Firefox 3.6  works well on Windows with JAWS and NVDA. Firefox
3.5 works great with orca on GNU/Linux systems but 3.6 breaks in a bunch of
places with orca. Safari is the only solution worth a poop on Macintosh where
Firefox is completely inaccessible.

So, use testing tools, remediate the pages and report any subsequent findings
of failure to the browser and AT vendors.

cdh