basic sound_lib (or pybass) example?

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 16:31:15 -0400

Hello all,
I have installed sound_lib, and I know that it is based on pybass,
which is in turn based on the bass project. I have the original bass
documentation, but what I am not sure of is how to get started. I
would like to build some sort of audio game-like environment with
sound_lib. That is, there is a grid around which the "listener" can
move, with zero or more sounds set at each grid square. As the player
moves, his position is updated and the sounds change accordingly.
As I understand it, I first create a new instance of the
sound_lib.Listener class, then let that be my player. I bind movement
keys to function calls to update my Listener's position, and the
sounds set around the grid will update automatically. Is that right?
How do I deal with distances between my Listener and all my sound
channels? Is some sort of 3d grid implicit in sound_lib? Thanks for
any help.

--
Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from GMail website)