Re: backup software

  • From: "Alex Hall" <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 18:51:38 -0400

I have not tried this with Jaws yet, but Carbonite ($55/year) is supposed to be great. You download the software and configure it, then, whenever you are online, your data is backed up. You can specify which folders to back up, and which file types, plus there is a context menu item that lets you see if that file or folder is set for backup or not (there are also graphics for this purpose, but jaws ignores them). The first backup takes a LONG time, but after that anything you create or modify will be backed up. The site says no limits on how much you can put up there. Sorry if you are looking for a free program, but this one lets you store things off-site (your external hard drive can get ruined or just quit on you, or your 20 DVDs can suddenly decide they do not want to be read, and you still have your data). The trial, 30 days I think, is free; you only provide the site with your credit card info if you decide to buy, otherwise uninstall the software and forget it. Again, sorry if this is not what you are looking for; I missed the original message.

Have a great day,
Alex
New email address: mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx
----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Martz" <pmartz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>