Re: audio games question

  • From: Jared Wright <wright.jaredm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 16:18:56 -0400

Many blind developers in the past have been put off by Python's indentation specifics as they view it as an excessive challenge to the blind developer. While I see the point, I'm glad to see a little more willingness to see what there is to see regarding Python. There's a lot of reasons why a lot of people are using it right now for a lot of different things.

JW

On 9/11/2009 3:20 PM, Alex Hall wrote:
Hi all,

I recently told the list that we will be starting Python and that I need a third-party library. I read through the stuff Jamal includes in sayTools on pySonic, and it sounds like mixing this library and python itself can give you quite the audio game environment. Why, then, does everyone seem to think that VB is best for audio game development, not python? Is it a speed/responsiveness issue or something? Just curious as (since it sounds more fun) my project may be a very simple audio game. Thanks.

Have a great day,
Alex
New email address: mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx