assigning keystrokes to scripts was A few ISPF questions

  • From: "David Farough" <David.Farough@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 14:30:50 -0400

You will need to check Glen's scripts to make sure that there are not
any scripts that have been attached to the up and down arrow keys.

Assuming not, then you should be able to copy these scripts to the end
of the script files and then assign these scripts to the up and down
arrow keys.
You will also need to assign a keystroke combination to the
numprocessing script.

The easiest way to do this is to open the applications jkm file in the
script Manager

you will see that the format to use is keystroke=script name.

Therefore the entries that you will need are:
Keystroke=numprocessing
Uparrow=ScriptUpArrow
DownArrow=ScriptDownArrow

Make sure when adding code to script file that you have removed any
unnecessary greater than signs from code before you save or compile the
scripts.

David Farough
Application Accessibility Coordinator/coordonateur de l'accessibilité
Information Technology Services Directorate /
Direction des services d'information technologiques
Public Service Commission / Commission de la fonction publique
Email / Courriel:  David.Farough@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel. / Tél:    (613) 992-2779

>>> Eric Brinkman <eric.brinkman1@xxxxxxxxx> 12:24 pm Tuesday,
September 15, 2009 >>>
Where do I put this code fragment?  I'm not that familiar with Jaws
scripting, so sorry if this is a noobish question.

Eric

On 9/15/09, Ron McEwan <ron.mcewan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here is a code fragment that does what you want.  I haven't compiled
this
> since at least jfw 7 so not sure if it is still valid.
>
> Globals
> Int NumOff,
>

> ; turn the first 7 characters on or off, line numbers
> ; NumOff is a global variable
> Script numprocessing ()
>
> if NumOff == False
> then
> let NumOff = true
> SayString ("numbers off")
> else
> let NumOff = false
> SayString ("numbers on")
> EndIf
>
> EndScript
>

> ;when downarrow is pressed if num processing is off,
> ; the lines that start with 0 will have line numbers suppressed
> Script ScriptDownArrow ()
> Var
> String STrIsNum
>
> NextLine ()
>
> let StrIsNum = SubString(GetLine(),2,6)
> if NumOff == true
> then
> if StringToInt(StrIsNum) > 0 then
> SayString (SubString (GetLine (), 8, 80))
> Else
> SayLine ()
> EndIf
> Else
> SayLine ()
> Endif
>
> EndScript
>
> ;when uparrow is pressed if num processing is off,
> ; the lines that start with 0 will have line numbers suppressed
> Script ScriptUpArrow ()
> Var
> String StrIsNum
>
> priorLine ()
> let StrIsNum = SubString(getline(),1,2)
>
> if NumOff == true
> then
> If StringContains(StrIsNum,"0") then
> SayString (SubString (GetLine (), 8, 80))
> Else
> Sayline ()
> Endif
> Else
> SayLine ()
> Endif
>
> EndScript
>

> In the Journey,
>
> Ron

Brinkman

<susan.stanzel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> Hi Listers,
>>
>> To make JAWS not speak the line numbers you need to restrict the
>> window. You have to set each corner of the window. I had to do this.
>> also had to make sure it didn't speak the time all the time which
is
>> in the lower right corner on the status line. I have not been on
the
>> mainframe for a while. I think it might be insert R.
>>
>> Susie Stanzel

09/14/09