RE: appsetup.exe

  • From: "DaShiell, Jude T. CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26" <jude.dashiell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 12:09:37 -0500

You're U.S.D.A. and I'm D.O.D. and you're not under what used to be
called N.M.C.I. and what's now called C.O.S.C.  If you have been
documenting the software and configuration changes you have been doing
on systems and that documentation has been seen and continues to be seen
by your supervisors and your supervisors have not yet told you to stop
doing your own upgrades then you're in no danger of loosing your job for
this activity.  The admin types have higher powers than the developer
types too.  With what was N.M.C.I. and now is C.O.S.C. there were three
classes of machines created.  Top was admin where you key your user name
in with an .adm suffix; then there was developer where you used a .dev
suffix to access a developer account, then there was N.M.C.I. which had
no suffix on your user name.  Everyone with a developer account also has
an N.M.C.I. account but not everybody with an N.M.C.I. account has a
developer account.  The admins are off in their own world separate from
the normal users and are able to do more than developers.  Hope this
helps, and I hope you never live long enough to come under N.M.C.I.
control.