Re: alternative to triggers for mysql?

  • From: Kerneels Roos <kerneels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 13:33:07 +0200

I agree, don't use triggers unless:
1. you can't access anything but the db, as in a closed source or very complex application / system. 2. need behavior that is very tightly coupled to db changes, such as logging into the db of db actions itself.

On 6/17/2011 5:36 AM, black ares wrote:
sure, when you do the insert or update, keep track of that fields too.
How ever triggers are not a good design, they are the cause in 80% of unvanted behaviors bugs in apps.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex Hall" <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>