Re: again a newbee question

  • From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 07:35:47 -0600

good job on using int main, just don't forget a return 0; when you are done. between the printf and the closing brace.

On 4/13/2011 6:36 AM, ashish rohtagi wrote:
here is my code it compiles correctly but text just shows on the
screen for 1 second, I want it to stay. #include<stdio.h>

int main()
{
printf("I will learn programming!\n"); return(0);
}

On 4/13/11, DaShiell, Jude T.  CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26
<jude.dashiell@xxxxxxxx>  wrote:
You didn't put your printf statement in your message, but let me make a
guess.  You didn't put a (\n) in before the closing quote mark so you
just put text on the screen without a line ending.  That could be one
contributing factor.  Another might be you didn't put an #include
<stdio.h>  statement in at the top of your program and maybe used
#include<conio.h>.  If that's the case, don't use printf with conio.h
unless you also include stdio.h.  For conio.h, cprintf is the function
you want.  Hope this helps.