RE: aemons?

  • From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 14:42:56 -0400

Hi,
This is my understanding, which can definitely be corrected. They are something
like the programs that run under Windows as services. In the DOS days, they
were called TSR's. They stay in memory and watch for stuff to happen, then
react to the events that take place.

Jim

Jim Homme
Usability Services
412-544-1810
james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx

"You can do anything you want to if you put your mind to it" -- Jim Homme Sr.