Re: accessing my linux box with xp and window eyes, all on the same machine.

  • From: Jared Stofflett <stofflet@xxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 09:34:38 -0500

The only way to get good access from windows to linux is ssh. The remote access bridge also may do what you want, since it acts as remote desktop but i'm not sure about it's current status. You should ask Sena for help getting it installed.

Jaffar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi all. I have installed a ubuntu linux box on my machine running Windows xp pro via VMware. The thing is that from time to time, I would like to access my linux box through windows, using either window eyes or jaws as the screen reader. Is it possible to achieve this, and if so, are there documentations or tutorials to help me with the process? this? I figure that if this could be done, then it would be much easier for me to create and test cross platform GUIS that we are having to create for one of our clients. Any help on this will be much appreciated. Cheers!