RE: accessible software testing applications

  • From: <Nick.Adamson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 08:56:26 -0000

Hi prateek.

We use a couple of tools to do our software testing.
To test that the code does what its meant to, unit testing and the like,
we use cucumber. This is a ruby framework but can be used to test c++
which is how we use it.
To dynamically analyse our software as its being tested to find memory
leeks and uninitialized memory faults we use rational purify. This is a
very good tool but is quite expensive.

To do code analysis to ensure it meets style and safety guidelines we
use LDRA tool suite. This is very expensive but we need a tool like this
to be able to certify our software to the safety standards we're
required to meet.

All 3 of these tools are mostly accessible. I've not had any problem
accessing them using Hal.

Hope this helps.
Nick.