Re: accessible_output and py2exe

  • From: Q <q@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 17:03:06 -0400

Because distutils data_files option and py2exe apparently don't play well together, all of my python packages which depend on external libraries implement a py2exe_datafiles function at their top level. Use it in setup.py like:

import accessible_output
__version__ = 1.0
setup(
 name='Something',
 version=__version__,
data_files = ['sounds', ('blah.wav', 'woot.wav')] + accessible_output.py2exe_datafiles(),
)

On 9/29/2011 4:05 PM, Alex Hall wrote:
Hello all,
I am trying to use py2exe and innoSetup to package a Python project. This project includes the accessible_output package, and everything works fine from source. When I install the executable I get from InnoSetup, though, accessible_output speaks through SAPI only and not through NVDA like it does when the program is run from source. In my py2exe script, I specify the four necessary speech dlls be put in a "lib" folder, and the InnoSetup script takes that folder and puts it in appDir\lib, yet accessible_output does not seem to see the required files and so reverts to SAPI. Has anyone gotten this to work successfully? If so, how did you do it? Thanks.
Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from BrailleNote
mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx; http://www.facebook.com/mehgcap