Re: accesible math resources

  • From: "Zach" <chickerland@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 21:40:05 -0600

have u heard of mathtrax?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tyler Littlefield
  To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 10:07 PM
  Subject: accesible math resources

  Hello all,
  I wanted to get in to some design with physics, building simulations, etc. I
had some ideas for some fun games, though I have a problem.
  I want to learn about vectors, trig, calc, etc. Are there any accessible math
resources you guys used? I do great if I can sit down and teach myself, or if I
can understand the problem, it's just getting everything that's the issue.
  Second, would someone happen to have a list of formulas for physics
calculations? I'd like to play around with some of those.
  I'd also like to find a decent calculator (preferably software) that will do
what I set it to, using variables and etc.
  I heard about matlab, but I believe that costs. I just want to play around
with it, so investing cash isn't an option at this point. It might, if I had
the cash to invest, but that just opens up a whole new set of doors(problems)
  Last, I'd like to learn how algos work such as compression and encryption.
All the info on these I've found are decent, but they tend to show their
formulas in graphics, which is no help at all.

  Thanks,
  Tyler Littlefield
  Web: tysdomain.com
  email: tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  My programs don't have bugs, they're called randomly added features.