a bit of a problem:using select and blocking

  • From: "Tyler Littlefield" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 17:45:46 -0700

Hello list,
I've got a quick question.
I've attached a copy of the code that I'm using, just so the full thing is
there.
I'm writing a mud skeleton, and was wonddering if anyone could spot the
problem; I'm trying to get select to run and block for 50 ms, then keep going.
I think it's set to 5 ms right now, which is fine too.
It is not doing that though, which is causing a bit of trouble because my
scheduler needs to run too.
I probably will have other classes that run at a later date, but right now it's
just the server and the scheduler class that get pulses.
Any ideas would be great.
Comments on the code are welcome, too.
I've come a long way from wondering why anyone would want to ever use a
makefile, but I'm by no means the best at what I'm attempting. :)