Re: Your Experience with Braille Displays

  • From: Kerneels Roos <kerneels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 22:31:07 +0200

Hey guys; Joseph, Robert, Oyvind, Delaunay, thanks a lot for your input -- I
really appreciate it tremendously. Thanks for taking the time.

It is really confirming my sespicions that the aid of a Braille display can
help much. I'm going to give this a try.

Quite cool that it works well under Windows with a screen reader like JAWS
and also works great under Linux/Unix with BRLTTY. It makes a lot of sense
that a 80 cell display would work great on the standard console terminal.
They unfortunately seem to be a fair bit more pricy.

And even more good news that indentation is easily perceived! Never mind
Python's syntactical dependance on indentation, you've got to indent all
code properly anyways.

Keep well, and please, if you have something to say about this topic, the
topic is still very much open for discussion

KR

--
Kerneels Roos
Cell/SMS: +27 (0)82 309 1998