Re: You can now use NVDA 2010.2 beta to sort of edit code in VS.Net 2005/2008

  • From: Kerneels Roos <kerneels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 12:48:09 +0200

It's great news that it is becoming possible to edit code in VS 2010 and
have speech feedback via NVDA latest beta. So it can be done, and if we
donate to NVDA and request this it would become a higher priority item on
their to do list?

Regards

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 12:00 AM, chris hallsworth <
christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all.
> I would love to do this, but currently NVDA is throwing errors and won't
> let me see what I am typing. I have sent a ticket but I think they need a
> log. When I tried to do this I ended up restarting Windows and/or NVDA and
> it turned out the old log was cleared. I will report on the NVDA lists that
> this is still a problem.
>

> From Chris H in Derbyshire
> Please check out my blog at http://chrishallsworth.klangoblog.net. Many
> thanks.
>

> On 15/09/2010 15:21, Jacob Kruger wrote:
>
>> In their new what's new help topic/webpage, they mentioned that you can
>> use the code editor window in VS.Net 2005/2008 standard and professional
>> versions, so I tried it out, and while off hand it's not perfect with
>> intellisense etc., you can at least review/read the code editor window now -
>> nice good start, and while haven't tried too much else of VS.Net 2008 with
>> it, will definitely look into it a bit now.
>>
>> Stay well
>>
>> Jacob Kruger
>> jacob.kruger@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Kerneels Roos
Cell/SMS: +27 (0)82 309 1998
Skype: cornelis.roos

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!