Windows Framework Installer Accessibility

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 07:44:44 -0400

Hi: I tried to install the 3.5 Framework on my xp machine using
<winsdk_web.exe>. . I ended up just clicking cancel. The Window that asks me to
select features is not working well with Windoweyes. There are columns that
contain values, I would guess either a highlighted value or a checkbox or
something to indicate which features are selected for installation. Windoweyes
does not read much of anything except the word column with some value in it. I
have to use the mouse to move around this window. Using the tab or cursor just
reads the buttons - cancel next back. Has anyone used the installer to install
Framework 3.5 and selected the features to install? I want them all of course.
Perhaps another screen reader would work better but I have never even tried a
any other reader except a quick glance at some online reader a year or so ago.
Anyway, has anyone used this window with Windoweyes or other Screen Reader
successfully?
Or, can you tell me some way to know what is selected for installation or how
to tell what is not selected and how to select them?
Thanks:
Rick USA