RE: Windows 8, could .net loyalists be losing out? I'd like some opinions on this if you guys don't mind

  • From: Katherine Moss <Katherine.Moss@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 22:20:35 +0000

I agree with you, but their demos seem to prove otherwise, and it seems that
the only shred of hope we have is with my good fellow techie Scott Guthrie.
(And not to mention, he was transferred from .net devision to the MS Windows
Azure devision like last week).  Don't you see something out of place here?
And not to mention, Azure's pretty much going to fall down the drain in my
opinion.  All it will take is one major data breach, which by the way, isn't so
hard to do these days, and then boom.  But aside from that, my thoughts about
this spring from the fact that not once was .net mentioned in the demo last PDC
conference.  It was all focused on HTML 5 and JS, which, though good languages,
can't take over anything Microsoft has invented.