Re: Windows 7 64 bit and Java Access Bridge

  • From: Kerneels Roos <kerneels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 00:37:10 +0200

Hi, Only saw this post now. I don't have a system environment vairiable named ORACLE_OEM_CLASSPATH pointing to the two jar files as described below, but everything works fine on system (Win 7 32 bit). Where did you read about this system env var? Is this the new CLASSPATH env var?

The solution on my system was to follow the instructions but to also copy the 3 dll files to System32, SysWOW64 and the bin dir of the JRE you are using (first JRE in PATH -- first java.exe the system comes across).

See my previous post on this topic for more detail.

On 12/2/2010 9:59 PM, Bbt Bbt wrote:
Hi List,
The instructions on the Oracle website don't seem complete to make Java Access Bridge run on Windows 7 64bit. Here's how I got Java Access Bridge to work. I hope this may help someone, as Ispent 2 days figuring this out.

If you want to use NVDA and Open Office on Windows 7, these are the missing steps in the instructions :

step 1 I tried to unzip the jaccess file in the manual zip file but got an error message. jaccess.jar file was therefore missing from the manual install.zip file for me. You have to get jaccess.jar by copying it from a Windows XP machine, which is what I did or download it from someone who has it.

step 2 the instructions don't tell you that you need to put a system variable called ORACLE_OEM_CLASSPATH in with the paths to jaccess.jar and access-bridge.jar.In <http://access-bridge.jar.In> Windows 7 case that will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_22\jre\lib\ext\jaccess.jar and C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_22\jre\lib\ext\access-bridge.jar The other steps are at at www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/documentation/setup-139055.html <http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/documentation/setup-139055.html>

navigate to the 64 bit windows manual install instructions on the page.

regards,

Britta

--
Kerneels Roos
Cell: +27 (0)82 309 1998

"If one has the talent it pushes for utterance and torments one; it will out; and
then one is out with it without questioning. And, look you, there is nothing in this
thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and
his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with
it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business."

(To a musically talented boy who asked Mozart how one might learn to compose.)