RE: WindowEyes Getting Script Language

  • From: "Macarty, Jay {PBSG}" <Jay.Macarty@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 23:58:31 -0600

Rick,
I agree with the suggested refinements to get better results from your
Google searches on the topic. Most books will also suggest you check out
the COM automation info on the Microsoft website but my experience with
successfully tracking down info by searching Microsoft has been somewhat
limited unless I had a starting point URL. I am a member of O'Reilly's
Safari online book service and that is where I get most of my reference
material.

As has been suggested, it might be easier to select a language and then
try tracking down info on COM interfaces for that language. I found a
number of references in the C# books I got from Jamal regarding using
COM with .net.

If you are comfortable with vBScript or VBA, you might try searching for
a phrase like using COM automation with VBScript and see what that turns
up.

Hope this helps.