Wiki for collaborative hacking

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, blindwebbers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 21:57:14 -0500

As another step to support collaborative hacking for improving EdSharp and other open source projects, I have created a wiki at

http://wiki.EmpowermentZone.com

It uses a standard configuration of the MediaWiki software, popularized by Wikipedia,
http://wikipedia.org

Currently, the best way of learning to use the wiki is by learning how to use the MediaWiki application. A collection of text tutorials on web content management systems, defined broadly, is available at
http://EmpowermentZone.com/cms_doc.zip

It includes tutorials on MediaWiki, Drupal, PHPMyAdmin, PHPBB, WordPress, and other new media applications.

At this point, I have not figured out how to change the default name of "My Wiki" to something more customized! If anyone else can give me a tip on that, or can volunteer to help others become wiki contributors, please let me know.

Other documentation collections that have recently been updated include the following:

MySQL
http://EmpowermentZone.com/mysqldoc.zip

PHP
http://EmpowermentZone.com/php_doc.zip

and PostgreSQL
http://EmpowermentZone.com/pgsqldoc.zip

To go directly to the wiki page called HackingEdSharp, the URL is
http://wiki.empowermentzone.com/index.php?title=Hacking_EdSharp

Feel free to create wiki pages or categories on other topics on which you would like to teach or problem-solve together!

Jamal

P.S. I realize that a source code control system would have additional benefits. My web host (HostMonster.com) does not have a simple script for installing such an application (a simple script enabled me to create this wiki). I hope others feel free to create more online resources in a similar spirit of using new media applications to support new or better interactions among us.
.