RE: What's wrong with my code?

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 16:04:11 -0400

I want to fix what I said in my last two posts.  The int is required the
arguments are not.  No one has clearly defined the arguments so  I will now.

int argc is the number of command line arguments it tells you how many strings
of characters will be in argv which is a array of strings.  So if you get 2
then you have the executable name in argv[0] and the first passed argument in
argv[1].  For example if your program name was prog and you ran it like this

prog Hello

You would have the following

Argv[0]=="prog"
Arg[1]=="hello"

The return int on main should be 0 for program exited normally and error code
if it did not.

Ken

command and an argument.