RE: What's wrong with my code?

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 00:14:13 -0400

Jess,

I will go a bit farther because you have gone so far.  TI re wrote your code
to do what you wanted please study the differences.  Note that this one
compiles..  I also changed the int's to floats because your code seems to
state that the user can input decimal so even if your code worked if a user
put 1.5 in you would get 1 out.  It doesn't round it actually just wipes out
the end decimal part.  Also in the beginning you don't need all the using
statements..  You only need the one as I did.  I also put prompts on each
cin without them the user would not know what to do.   So anyway here is a
working version of your code.

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

//declare variables

float score_1=0;

float score_2=0;

float score_3 (0);

//begin program

int main(int argc, char **argv)

{

                cout<< "Please enter your first test score. You may enter
decimal values: " ;

cin >> score_1 ;

                cout<< "Please enter your second  test score.";

cin >>score_2  ;

                cout<< "Please enter your third   test score.";

cin >>score_3  ;

return (0);

}