Re: What's The Name Of This Gaming Thing?

  • From: John G <jglists0@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 13:18:46 +0000

I would use a combo of first order logic, set theory and a pinch of automata theory. You may find the following of some interest:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_intelligence

At 12:58 17/02/2011, you wrote:
Hi,
I'm not sure how to ask this question since I don't have the background yet. When you have a program that is playing a game, let's say a simple game, like TicTacToe, and it tries to figure out what the best move is, what is that whole subject called? Or when you have a game where you are moving two people around and you don't want them to run into one-another, is that the same subject?

Thanks.

Jim

Jim Homme,
Usability Services,
Phone: 412-544-1810. Skype: jim.homme
Internal recipients, <http://mysites.highmark.com/personal/lidikki/Blog/default.aspx>Read my accessibility blog. <http://collaborate.highmark.com/COP/technical/accessibility/default.aspx>Discuss accessibility here. <http://collaborate.highmark.com/COP/technical/accessibility/Accessibility%20Wiki/Forms/AllPages.aspx>Accessibility Wiki: Breaking news and accessibility advice

This e-mail and any attachments to it are confidential and are intended solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior permission. The views expressed in this e-mail message do not necessarily represent the views of Highmark Inc., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.