Re: What's The Name Of This Gaming Thing?

  • From: Kerneels Roos <kerneels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 21:15:06 +0200

Hi, thanks for that link -- didn't see it at first.

Found this link on that site:
http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2007/05/murraycampbell_qa

It's an article and interview with Murray Campbell, one of the scientists that developed the Deep Blue super computer that defeated Gary Kasparov in 1997. Campbell was also the person who moved on behalf of Deep Blue.

In the article he says that he thinks a modern cell phone processer is more powerful than the whole Deep Blue system, but how can this be? At some stage I'd like to look into that.Crazy if it's true indeed.

On 2/18/2011 5:03 PM, Sina Bahram wrote:

Using first principles, the search space has stayed exactly the same, haha.

But, the search through it has now gotten, at a bare minimum 16, if not 32, times faster.

More importantly however, you can use GPU acceleration for this.

Did the link I sent out after the below email have enough for you, or would you like me to send more?

Oh, and it's young, my friend, young enough to think I'm right more than I am, **grin**.

Take care,

Sina