Re: What are good technologies for two player game servers?

  • From: "R Dinger" <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 14:24:21 -0700

Hi Jim,

At this point, I am not sure what I want to do, I need to find out what is
possible first.  To some extent, what I want to do will be dependant on what is
possible to do.  I am trying to find out likely technologies to look into.

I suspect a Python web framework like Zope, Twisted or other  may be a good
solution, but I don't want to discount Ruby or other solutions.  I have little
experience or knowledge in this area and am looking for suggestions of what is
possible.

I am reasonably certain that whatever it is, I want users to be able to do it
through a browser.  My primary goals are that the solution be universally
accessible, simple and robust.

Richard