Re: Web Page Editor for the Blind

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 07:43:56 +0300

Ok, thank you for that link.

Octavian

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: dusty bray
  To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 9:19 PM
  Subject: RE: Web Page Editor for the Blind

  Well i probably shouldn't open this can of worms, but i'm making a subtle
statement by using Math ML in my application.  i think that things should be
done the right way the first time.  So many different types of content can be
embeded into Web pages, but we still haven't adopted a standard way of
representing mathematics simply because sighted users would rather just use
graphics.  The only other popular alternative is an ad hoc ASCII system for
representing mathematics-- and i see mathematics as an absolute essential in
communication.  i see this as not only the right step for the blind, but for
communication in general.

  In my opinion, the blind community should be the first to make a stand
because sighted users just aren't going to get it.

  So in the mean time, you could install a plug-in if you're using Internet
Explorer:  http://www.dessci.com/en/products/mathplayer/download.htm?src=mplogo
  Math Player displays mathematics very, very nicely for sighted users and also
reads it very well for blind users.  You can also use my browser / screen
reader to traverse mathematical expressions, but i'll admit this version isn't
really very usable yet.
  The other alternative is to use a standards compliant browser, like Fire Fox,
until Microsoft gets with the program.

  dusty.......

http://here-i-am.sourceforge.net/downloads/Here-I-Am_Page-Designer1.zip

http://www.cafemessenger.com/info/info_sweetstuff2.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_OctWLtagline<html>