RE: Web Page Editor for the Blind

  • From: dusty bray <dusty_bray@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 01:09:19 -0400

i could always use a good "boing" sound.  smile.  But i would certainly
accompny it with some kind of text of course.  You know, it's really hard to
find good, free sound effects.  i'll have to check out clipmate.

Well, i see what you're saying about sounds clashing, and that is another good
reason to allow the user to turn sounds off.  However, how often do
applications make sounds when objects receive focus?  They usually accompany an
action, like a button click.  So, i wouldn't think these sounds would get in
the way very often.

dusty.......

> From: leaves1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Web Page Editor for the Blind
> Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 23:34:08 -0400
>
> Well, all I can say is I have a great "boing" sound for an error condition.
> but then again, text describing the error would really be more relevant than
> and boing...
>
> If you want to hear some great sound effects, check out the old clipmate
> clibpoard manager for windows.   I loved using the various features so I
> could hear how it sounded, and indeed the sounds were helpful. But this
> brings up the problem of your program having sounds that might clash with
> another program.  Just a thought.
> Good luck and happy hacking.
> --le

Windows Live Hotmail and Microsoft Office Outlook – together at last.  Get it
now.