Visual studio 2008 msdn getting started bug

  • From: "DaShiell, Jude T. CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26" <jude.dashiell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 12:07:55 -0400

I was trying to read the getting started section and specifically the
section on choosing what technologies to use and visual studio crashed
on me.  Jaws 8.0 went silent and the tab key wouldn't work anymore even
though we got a screen up allowing an ok to exit or a cancel to debug
dialog.  Apparently Microsoft wanted to load a variable into memory that
wasn't there.  It is true I had clicked lots of links to get down to
that level, but it was surprising to also have jaws for windows crash in
that way there for me.  I ended up shutting the computer down completely
then starting it up again.  I'll probably spend pretty much time in the
command window and immediate window at least when writing console
applications.  For now, the jsx package still hasn't been approved for
installation on any N.M.C.I. machines and that will take at least a year
to get done, so I'm going to have to work without installing pre-built
scripts until then.

Rot47: <;F56]52D9:6==@?2GJ]>:=>