Re: Visual Studio Professional update

  • From: Alex Midence <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 08:21:11 -0500

Hi, Jim,

Came to that conclusion last night, as it happens.  It's how I
discovered all the nice buttons and toolbars and the like the jaws
cursor must have been activating.  Ther must be some feature I can
turn off that this is triggering like automatic code completion or
something which happens when the mouse is hovered over a bit of text.
There must be some way to fix it so that it only happens on demand
with a hotkey or something.   I'm also going to try VS with the latest
snapshot of NVDA.   I have it on a flash drive and forgot that the
machine at home still has the full latest releasewhich, incidentally
did pporly in the text editor.  The arrows would not read previous
characters and the ten key keys only gave info on current line.  I
seriouslyu need to sit down and really learn just how NVDA works on a
deeper level.  I've just been sort of expecting it to work like Jaws
because it shares some of the same key bindings but, in fact, the way
in which it does its thing is fundamentally different.  Maybe I'll
have better luck with the latest snapshot.

Alex M