Re: Visual Studio Express 2008

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 07:47:28 -0400

You can check the download instructions and prerequisits before you install it. As mentioned, there should be diferent versions for the 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems although I should think the xp versus Vista versus Windows 7 should not require diferent versions but read the information before you pick a version to install. Again, the Download And Installation documentation will tell you exactly which module to download and install for your specific system configuration. After you download and install one of them you will want to either set it up to run with JAWS or Windoweyes before you try and do much in the IDE. I use Windoweyes and there are not many scripts available for VS from GW Micro but it works pretty well without them. Ken and others have worked on JAWS scripts for VS since around 2004 if I remember and have tried to keep them free and maintained as well as possible. There are settings inside the VS IDE itself you will want to change to make it more accessible. After that you are ready to rock. But, it is all predicated on picking the right version to download and install so do your homework prior to pulling the trigger. Good Luck and hope you have allot of fun with VS, it is quite accessible once you get everything set up.

Rick USA
----- Original Message ----- From: "chris hallsworth" <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>