Re: Visual Studio 2003

  • From: "inthaneelf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 18:09:56 -0700

well there is the rub, VS.net 2005 is intricate, but its the New and Upcoming
languages, probably more the C# than the others, but the C++ is still useful
and powerful, if your programming for windows, while java is multi platform,
and so on and so forth for all the languages, each has its good points, bad
points, and specialties, or areas that it's good for.  combine that with the
learning curve differences for different styles of learning and "what makes
sense" to someone and it gets worse

for a college, I'd say java and VS C# would be the prime languages, along with
something that is for the main part Linux based to supply that platform with
folks able and the alternative for the windows side of things.

that would be my recommendation anyway.

as for your brother, on the Jamal's documentation page of my site, there are
links to zip files of tutorials for several languages including C#, VB.net,
Java, etc.

it all depends on what makes sense to him and what he wants to do, since almost
nothing does it all, or and all as good as it does other things.

inthane
• For Blind Programming assistance, Information, Useful Programs, and Links to
Jamal Mazrui's Text tutorial packages and Applications, visit me at:
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
• to be able to view a simple programming project in several programming

    From: inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 16:06:00 -0700

    there are sets of "add ins" for the VS 2003 version at my grab bag sight,
but there only for jaws 5 and 6 I do believe, using VS 2005 with the scripts
for it available on the grab bag would be better in some ways.

    hth,