Re: Visual Basic or Visual Studios?

  • From: "Ricks Place" <OFBGMail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 07:17:27 -0400

Hi Sharron:
I have used Vb.net 2005 and 2008 Express and Visual Web Developer 2005 and 2008
Express along with Sql Server Express with my Windoweyes Screen Reader. I will
be installing the full blown Visual Studio Professional Edition soon. My choice
and recommendation would be for you to run Vb.net 2008 Express and Sql Server
2005 or Sql Server 2008 Express.
The key to using any Visual Studio product, including the Express modules, is
to configure the IDE options correctly and get scripts to help make it more
screen reader friendly.
It has a steep learning curve at first but is the best development environment
once you know your way around the IDE.
Get help from list members on downloading and installing the free packages from
Microsoft, the JAWS or Windoweyes script and configuring the IDE.
That will likely be the biggest headache since it is all new to you. If you
need help I will be glad to help if I can.
One note: If you decide to run any VS (Visual Studio) product it is best if you
have a high speed internet connection and not dial up because some of the
downloads are pretty big.
Rick USA
Rick USA