Re: Visual Basic Help

  • From: "Ricks Place" <OFBGMail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 19:38:01 -0500

Hi Ken:
In the DataGridView the left and right arrow keys move between cells making each cell editable. I can just type into the cell to replace it's contents or, left mouse click it to open it for editing. Windoweyes does not read the contents of the cells as I move through them. I have to route the mouse to the EditBox, and then read the contents with the mouse. I get the Row number and Column heading from the Summary line with a hot key. I am trying to script it so the values of the cells will read as I move left, right, up or down through the data. I do not want to have to hit extra keys to hear what I am traversing. I also want the option to have the cell heading read with the value when moving around the Grid. One minor annoyance is that when I use the left arrow cursor key to move left inside the opened EditBox, instead of beeping and stopping on the first character of the box WE allows the cursor to leave the box, navigating to the previous cell. I want my beep and hard stop like in a traditional EditBox. The hard stop and beep are there on the right end of the box. An interesting note is that if there is numeric data in the box the left margin works, no beep but focus is maintained inside the box. If there is text in the box the left margin stop is not enforced. Finally, the BindingNavigator has graphics and reads nothing for Navigation so that needs a little work. That is the DataGridView with WindowEyes and what I would like to do to get everything working properly.
Rick USA