Re: Virtual Vinux: Is It As Easy As This Page Says To Get Started?

  • From: Don Marang <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 04:50:44 -0500

The trick in that question is how would you like to run Vinux? I think the document you reference is the Vinux User documentation. The site where you ran into the document was originally for the virtual and USB editions. Vinux is much more flexible and easier to distribute than Windows. It is available as live (bootable) disks, Live USB Flash drives and as preconfigured VMware Virtual Machines. All of the Live disks and USB Flash drives can install to hard disk as the sole OS or dual boot. There are both 32 bit and 64 bit distributions based on your hardware. The CD editions provide the lowest bandwidth needs to download while the DVD editions have the most packages.

Our community through the preconfigured nature of these distributions, integration of Access Technology, added packages, user documentation and our friendly mailing list truely make Linux as easy as possible. I think you will be amazed!

Don Marang
Vinux Software Development Coordinator - vinux.org.uk

There is just so much stuff in the world that, to me, is devoid of any real
substance, value, and content that I just try to make sure that I am working
on things that matter.
-- Dean Kamen

On 3/21/2011 2:02 PM, Homme, James wrote:

Hi,

The question explains itself. This page makes me almost feel that I can get this working. http://vinuxvirtual.org.uk/getting-started-

I have to be missing something. Is anyone willing to comment?

Thanks.

This e-mail and any attachments to it are confidential and are intended solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior permission. The views expressed in this e-mail message do not necessarily represent the views of Highmark Inc., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.