Re: Vinux from Debian 5.0.7?

  • From: Kerneels Roos <kerneels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 10:38:36 +0200

Thanks man. I'll do that. The download that took forever on my 2.4 Mbps wireless connection finally finished, and Ihope it all went well. Just got the normal (not the free software only) release for now of the 3.1 version of the CD ISO. I'm sure it will be a surprising experience. Whenever I take a look at Linux and especially AT software after not having used it a while I'm almost always surprised at how far things have come along. Would be wonderful to get some work this coming year which Ican do the development for in Linux only.

Later.

On 12/27/2010 11:58 PM, Ken Perry wrote:

Ok then after reading your reasons.  I think you're missing out not getting
Vinux.  Bill and others have done a lot of work to make it so speech
dispatcher and other portions of this are stable.  I will point out that
even an unstable debion is better than  windows.  I would only suggest you
give it a try.  It might surprise you this time around.

ken