Vinux 3.0 virtual edition question

  • From: "QuentinC" <quentinc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 20:38:18 +0100

Hello all,
Here is my two first question of probably many other upcoming ones about vinux
3.0 virtual edition. Since somebody from this list show it, I first ask here.
Please redirect me to a specialized list or forum if you think it's better.

Right now, my questions are very simple :
1. I saw that orca had two keyboard layouts: laptop and desktop. I have a
laptop, so I would like to select the laptop option, but it doesn't work. When
I hit capslock, I hear the bip coming from windows (filter keys activated), so
VMPlayer don't probably even notice I pressed capslock. How to fix this ?
2. I would like to change the keyboard layout, because I'm not american and
don't use american keyboard. I go to Alt+F1 menu, system, preferences,
keyboard, layout tab, add the layout I want in the list. But after pressing
apply system wide and validating vinux password, nothing changed. I still have
american keyboard, which I'm not familiar with. How to proceed ?

Thank you.