Re: Vb.net or C#.net Tutorial Project

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 17:45:12 -0400 (EDT)

Whether one logs in or not to NonvisualDevelopment.org would have no effect. The default Drupal logg-in system is present, but it is not yet something I have used -- everything is public. This sounds like a browser history or bookmarking issue.

Have you tried the huge set of C# tutorials in the archive
http://EmpowermentZone.com/cnetdoc.zip

I think that link is found both on the C# page and the Documentation and Training page.

Jamal

Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 16:23:11 -0500
From: qubit <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Vb.net or C#.net Tutorial Project

Hi there -- I don't know about a new project, but I am trying to find good
intros to C# so I can do some work on existing C# opensource software -- i go
to nonvisualdevelopment.org and follow the links around and find all kinds of
links to downloads on msdn.microsoft.com, but I am looking for a tutorial -- or
better yet, a summary or reference card of language features that I can use to
learn the language quickly (I already know C++ so I am not worried about
learning the ssyntax).

Following the maze of links the other day, I did find a tutorial, and was
reading through it, experimenting with C#express as I went.  I saved a link to
this page in my favorites, but now when I try to go back to it, I get a page
with no content.  It's like it has been removed.

Does anyone know why this happened?
Where can I find a tutorial that won't vanish if I leave and come back later?

I hate when things are going well except for unrelated environmental issues.
Could this have something to do with not having logged into
nonvisualdevelopment.org before accessing the page?
If so I find it a nuisance to have to log in and renavigate to a page that
takes 4 or 5 links to get to.
Someone please comment if you know where a good accessible tutorial can be
found. Thanks!
--le