Re: VS2008: How to access properties of a table in O/R designer

  • From: "Ricks Place" <OFBGMail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 08:36:46 -0400

Hi Guys:
Along these lines:
When I use a DataTable, DataSet, I get Rows on any select. I can limit the data returned to a couple of columns but it seems I have to provide values for an entire row or the values are messed up during an update. I don't think I can just set and update a couple of columns using the DataSet Update function. Is this the case with Linq? Can you just Select a couple of columns, set them and then apply an update for them or will that tip other columns in the original row? I hope I explained this well enough to understand and my understanding is correct. I had problems like this some time ago so always just read entire rows, update whatever columns I want then ReWrite the entire row. This is, of course, pretty inefficient and I even had to write a TableAdapter extension to avoid Optimistic Concurrency for a particular update since it was so blasted slow and unnessisary for the particular update. Anyway, while on the Linq topic I thought I would ask in case someone has had experience with this situation.
Rick Farmington Mich. USA
If you knowal Message ----- From: "Varun Khosla" <varun.lists@xxxxxxxxx>