VMWare

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 20:34:59 +0300

Hi,

I've installed VMWare Workstation and I installed another Windows XP on it.
The virtual OS is very accessible, but I got a few problems:

1. I don't know how to get out if I want to use the host OS.
I know that I can use control+alt or something else (because I defined that hotkey to control+Shift+alt) but it doesn't do anything. The focus is sttill in the guest OS.

2. I am using the guest OS only with Narrator because I couldn't find a way of sharing files or folders with the host OS. I have chosen to share the files, and I selected the folder I want to share, but I don't know where on the guest OS should appear that folder. I've tried to find it under My Network Places, the shared documents, my documents, or as another removable storage, but I couldn't find it.

3. I don't know why, but in the guest OS I cannot see the memory stick if I insert it. Do you know if I need to do something special in order to detect when it is inserted?

Thank you.

Octavian