VINUX not speaking through USB Audio

  • From: Kerneels Roos <kerneels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 13:03:54 +0200

As I've said and firmly believe, *nix is the best, but even the best gives
some problems...

Problem I'm having now is that vinux live CD doesn't pick up my USB speakers
or headset. Does it work better on disk installed versions? Older ubuntus
managed to pick that up just fine. I suspect vinux is trying to use the on
board sound for both speakup and orca.

This is the latest vinux libra CD image from the web site. Should I rather
have gotten the DVD image of 1.8 GB?

And it boots slow -- understandably since it has to load and decompress
everything from CD into RAM while not touching the disk drives.
--
Kerneels Roos
Cell/SMS: +27 (0)82 309 1998

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!