Re: [VINUX] Vinux Virtual Edition now released!

  • From: "Donald Marang" <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 02:19:59 -0400

I do not know the details of your previous VMware experience, so I can not comment on that. In the previous version of Player 2.5, Chris Hallsworth and I wrote some JAWS scripts to help make it more accessible. I ended up extending the scripts to Workstation 6.5. We were pleasantly surprised that the new releases of the Player 7.0 and Workstation were much improved and almost 90% accessible without scripts. Player 3.0 also provided the capability to create Virtual Machines. Still I updated the script package so it now supports Player 2.5, Player 3.1 (latest), and Workstation 6.5/7.1 (latest). Even though without scripts, almost all functionality is accessible, the scripts provide a few nice extras to read the summary pane and announce the VM state in Workstation as you arrow up and down in the Sidebar. They are not absolutely necessary like before. The scripts are provided in the Vinux Virtual Edition or can be downloaded at:

http://mysite.verizon.net/marangs/VMware.html

Running VMware in a 64 bit host should not cause any problems that I am aware of. However, I can not personally testify to this.

Don Marang