Re: Urgent! I need some advice, and fast.

  • From: Dave <davidct1209@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 18:25:47 -0700

My recommendation would be to give Alice a try:
http://www.alice.org/index.php?page=downloads/download_alice

I assume this is the Alice you're referring to?

As far as developer tools on Mac OS X, if you're writing small
programming assignments that don't involve any UI toolkits (it's a
command line only app), I'd just use a simple editor like TextEdit and
compile in terminal.  As it is an intro class, I assume this is
probably true.

XCode's really meant for larger project development with Mac OS X
specific workflows (Cocoa, UIKit, etc.).