RE: Two Drupal 6 Questions

  • From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 15:25:02 -0500

Hi Everett,
Thanks so much. Did you Google for this? I find it very difficult to find
anything I want on the drupal.org search.

Jim

On 2011-03-10, at 2:20 PM, Homme, James wrote:

Hi,
I know someone posted the answer to one of these questions, but I apologize. I
can't see the archives here. That site is blocked.

1. On a site I'm working on, if someone is not a member, they can't see any
content whatsoever. When they first go to the site, they see this nasty "Access
denied" error. I want to make that message more friendly. And I don't want to
hack the PHP to do it. The problem is caused when I specify that only members
can access content, which makes sense, sort of. That's because any node is
content. How do I get around this problem?

2. I want to have content that can expire and either disappear, warn me that
it's going to expire, or both. Is there a module that will give me this?

Thanks for your patience.

Jim