Re: Two Computers, now LAN?

  • From: "Raul A. Gallegos" <raul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 14:43:33 -0500

With a router such a Linksys, you can have around 252 different machines with eachone having their own IP address. I don't think you need to request another IP from your ISP. You tehn remote to the other one by using its private IP and away you go.

Richard Thomas said the following on 2/4/2008 1:42 PM:
Hi Gang:
I just received my second development computer. Now I want to set them up so I can access them as 2 seperat computers across the net. For example to test remote WebSites and remote DataBases and other remote thingys with diferent things like URLs and Connection strings for the DBs. I am thinking of getting a Linksys router to do this but can I have 2 diferent IP Addresses on one router so they look like 2 seperat remote locations? Or, is that not possible without a seperate IP account with Road Runner?
Rick Farmington Mich. USA

--
Raul A. Gallegos -- GW Micro Technical Support
Voice: 260-489-3671 -- Fax: 260-489-2608